|Posted on January 8, 2010 at 12:40 AM|
* stretch and yawn; do whatever you do to help yourself to feel deeply relaxed...
* take a deep breath (from the diaghpragm) and on the exhale say and extended hhhhhmmmmm
repeat X 10 allowing the lungs to release all of the air. Collapse your abdomen as you exhale.
* Do a hum-slide up and down your vocal range with "hhhhhmmmmmmmm."
* feel different parts of mouth and nasal area or "Mask/Mid-Range" vibrate with the different sounds:
MMMM MMMMMMMMMM... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV... Mum Mum Mum Mum Mum Mum Mum Mum Mum
* open your mouth , eyes, and face as wide as you can on the last syllable of:
Mumula Mumula Mumula Mumula Mumula Mumula Mumula Mumula
* each phrase features different difficult consonant combinations.
Start slow, over-articulating and then increase speed
Red letter, yellow letter~
Good blood, bad blood~
Eleven benevolent elephants~
Teaching ghosts to sing~
The big, black-backed bumblebee~
A critical cricket critic~
Unique New York~
The tip of the tongue, the lips, the teeth~
To titillate your tastebuds, we've got these tasty tidbits~
* Feel a pulse in your diaphram with the following sounds
unvoiced: PUH PUH PUH PUH PUH PUH PUH PUH
VOICED: BUH BUH BUH BUH BUH BUH BUH BUH
unvoiced: TUH TUH TUH TUH TUH TUH TUH TUH
VOICED: DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH
unvoiced: KUH KUH KUH KUH KUH KUH KUH KUH
VOICED: GUH GUH GUH GUH GUH GUH GUH GUH
* This long tongue twister contains many buzz sounds and difficult
consonant combinations. It is possible to say all in one breath if you
use diaphramatic breathing and carefully control the volume of air
expelled. Articulate every sound!
What a to-do to die today at a minute or two to two,
a thing distinctly hard to say but harder still to do.
for they'll beat a tattoo at a quarter to two:
a rat-ta tat-tat ta tat-tat ta to-to.
and the dragon will come when he hears the drum
at a minute or two to two today, at a minute or two to two